Wilson Workforce and Rehabilitation Center Small Area Study
The Wilson Workforce and Rehabilitation Center (WWRC) Small Area Study focuses on improving operations and safety on the US 250 (Jefferson Highway) corridor at the entrance to the Wilson Workforce and Rehabilitation Center in Fishersville, VA.
This location was selected by the MPO's Technical Advisory Committee due to recent institutional, residential, and commercial growth in the area, and increasing concerns regarding how this growth is impacting corridor operational and safety conditions. This study will examine corridor operational and safety issues, alternative/secondary access locations to the WWRC Complex, and access management along US 250, to develop short- and long-term improvement recommendations. Study recommendations will be used to develop transportation improvements for the area.
To view the study click here.
The study is a collaborative effort between the SAWMPO, VDOT, Augusta County, Augusta County Schools, and WWRC.
1. Improve safety and reliability in the study area on US 250, and Woodrow Wilson Avenue.
2. Explore opportunities for secondary access to the WWRC Complex.
3. Identify context-sensitive access management strategies for US 250 in the study area.
4. Define a project for future funding.
Click here to view the Project Schedule
Calendar of Events
Open House Materials
- Map of Study Area
- Crashes (2012 - 2016)
- AM Peak Hour Turning Movements
- PM Peak Hour Turning Movements
- Access Management Strategies
- Project Slide Show
- Study Presentation
- Short-term Improvement Recommendations Map
- Long-term Improvements - Alternative Access Options Map
- Option A
- Option B
- Option C
For additional information please contact:
Scott Philips, SAWMPO Transportation Planner, at 540-885-5174 or firstname.lastname@example.org.