Long Range Transportation Plan (LRTP)
The Long Range Transportation Plan (LRTP) is a comprehensive examination of the future transportation needs within the SAWMPO over a 25 year period. The LRTP presents recommendations for enhanced transportation efficiency and functionality, including the construction of new facilities, improved connectivity to multiple travel modes and the enhancement of existing highway, transit and bicycle and pedestrian facilities. The LRTP also identifies potentially available federal, state and local funding levels and presents recommendations for the future programming and implementation phasing of major projects.
The SAWMPO adopted the 2045 LRTP in December 2020. View the entire 2045 LRTP document here.
View the individual 2045 LRTP document chapters below:
- Cover Page, Contents, Glossary
- Executive Summary
- Chapter 1 - Planning Context
- Chapter 2 - Public Engagement
- Chapter 3 - Existing Conditions
- Chapter 4 - Socio-Economic Trends and the Travel Demand Model
- Chapter 5 - Multi-Modal Transportation Needs
- Chapter 6 - Performance-Based Programming and Project Evaluation
- Chapter 7 - Revenue Projections
- Chapter 8 - Constrained Long Range Projects
- Appendices - Vision List, Revenues, Project Evaluation Methodology, Public Input Summary, Resource Agency Comments, Performance Based Planning, Port of Virginia
Constrained Long Range Plan (CLRP)
The CLRP list identifies potential transportation projects that the region may be able to finance over the 25-year planning period, and provides a realistic set of expectations for the general public. View an interactive map showing the location and description of the 2045 projects: LRTP Interactive Project Map.