Public Transit Program
BRITE Transit Program
Public transportation service in the SAWMPO area is administered by the Central Shenandoah Planning District Commission (CSPDC) and provided through a contracted service provider, Virginia Regional Transit (VRT). Funding comes from a mix of federal and state money, as well as local match provided by the City of Staunton, Augusta County, City of Waynesboro, Augusta Health, Blue Ridge Community College, Shenandoah Valley Social Services, Staunton Downtown Development Association, and Wilson Workforce & Rehabilitation Center.
Routes & Schedules
There are multiple options for riding a BRITE Bus in the Staunton, Augusta and Waynesboro area. Choose a route below, then click on the link for downloadable schedules, fares and additional information.
- East & West 250 Connector – connects to the Staunton North & West Loops and the Downtown Trolley, the Waynesboro Circulator, the Stuarts Draft Link and the Blue Ridge Community College Shuttle, and provides service between the cities of Staunton and Waynesboro in the US 250 corridor, with stops including Augusta Health and the Woodrow Wilson Campus.
- Stuarts Draft Link – provides service within Stuarts Draft and connections with Fishersville and Waynesboro. Stops include apartment complexes, Augusta Health facilities, and employment centers.
- Blue Ridge Community College Shuttles – the Blue Ridge Community College (BRCC) Shuttles offer two routes. The BRCC South Shuttle provides service between Staunton and the BRCC Campus in Weyers Cave. A BRCC North Shuttle provides service from the campus to Harrisonburg through Bridgewater, Dayton and Mt. Crawford.
- The Waynesboro Circulator - travels within the city limits of Waynesboro, providing connections to employment centers, retail, and medical facilities.
- Staunton North & West Loops and Downtown Trolley - The Downtown Trolley serves historic downtown Staunton destinations; the North and West Loops serve outlying neighborhoods and medical and retail destinations; the Saturday Night Trolley operates Saturday evenings provided connections to retail and entertainment destinations. **Downtown Trolley Winter Hours will be effective November 7, 2016 through May 1, 2017. Monday through Friday, the Downtown Trolley will run from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. The Saturday Night Trolley will continue to run the same schedule.
BRITE Bus Transit Services
Department of Rail and Public Transportation
Transit Development Plan
- Table of Contents & Chapter 1 (Overview of Public Transportation in the Region)
- Chapter 2 (Goals, Objectives, and Standards)
- Chapter 3 (Service and System Evaluation and Transit Needs Analysis)
- Chapter 4 (Alternatives for Improvement)
- Chapter 5 (Operations Plan)
- Chapter 6 (Capital Improvement Program)
- Chapter 7 (Financial Plan)
- Chapter 8 (Monitoring and Evaluation)